I don't really have a theme for this post. So I will just ramble. I like to pretend there are like 100 people who are just super obsessed with my blog and they are just dying to read the next post. But I've only gotten like 26 views, so obviously that's not true. But maybe someday I can be like Allie Brosh and get a book deal because my blog is so awesome. Wouldn't that be awesome? Yeah right, like that will happen.
I have decided to start writing more. I haven't really written anything in a really long time. I had that other blog where I talked about who knows what. Soap mostly, I think. And tennis. Anyway, that was the last time I've really written anything. Now I have decided to write some fantasy novels. I've thought about it for a long time, I just never made it anywhere with them. I started working on stuff about six or seven years ago, after I finished reading Harry Potter for the first time. I decided I was going to write my own books about some wizards. Well after about three days of coming up with ideas, it turned out it was just Harry Potter. So I scrapped that idea and have't done anything since then.
Well let me take that back. I have worked on maps a whole lot. They were really made for Dungeons and Dragons but we only barely used it. I thought about coming up with some back story and making it into a campaign. We just haven't played a whole lot in the past few years. Mostly because we can't find a good group. If there is anyone in the Tulsa area who needs some people to play with, let me know. I really miss playing. Anyway, the story stuff never happened, and the map just got stuck behind my bookshelf. Jenna says my coloring job is horrible, but hey, I'm not a colorer. I'm a drawer... but only maps. I can draw maps like a boss, but I can't color them apparently. So she decided she would color it for me. That got me thinking about actually doing something with it. Fast forward to last week and I wrote my first blog post. And I really enjoyed it. So I decided hey, why don't I finally get to actually writing. I have a couple friends (yeah you) who are authors. I want to be in their club.
Since I had first tried to write, I have been exposed to more medieval fantasy stuff. I have watched Game of Thrones; read three and a half of the books the show was based on, A Song of Ice and Fire; read Lord of a the Rings a couple times, and watched the movies and special features a lot; and discovered Rhapsody of Fire, the most awesome fantasy metal band ever. The point of all this is, I have gotten more ideas from these things. I've decided I am going to write two series. They will be based in the same world at loosely the same time. Each series will focus on one group of people, with each book taking place far apart on the map. One series will be centered around characters who are not magical or anything, so it will be like ASOIAF, more just medieval fiction with a splash of fantasy. The other series will focus on people who can use magic. The point of this is to give me different ways of writing and let me take more time developing each aspect.
That is about as far as I've gotten so far. I had thought about making this world orbit a different type of star, other than a boring yellow dwarf. I decided on a white dwarf, but by the time I finished figuring out the distance from the star the planet should be, the distance of its orbit, and the number of days in a year, I decided it was becoming too much work for something people wouldn't care about. I have also started creating some languages, but right now it is just some random letters put together.
I just realized that this post is extremely stupid. I was hoping talk briefly about a few different subjects, but it seems not to work. So here's a new exciting post for you 100s of people to read. I suggest reading this with a glass of good Italian red wine.
No comments:
Post a Comment